Shoeburyness, Essex – A Sand & Shingle Beach

I love the sea. I love the blue water, the splashing waves that come crashing against my toes, the sea breeze, and most of all, I love sea shells.

During a sunny weekend, I decided to go check out this beach, as it is about 1 hour away from my house.  Now to go to a beach which is only 1 hour away is a good thing. I am always on the quest to find a nice sandy beach near me. So far the best one I have found is over 3 hours away, in the South of England.

Shoeburyness Beach, also known as Shoebury Common is a sand and shingle beach near Southend, South East Essex.

It was packed with locals.  Southend is always busy, and it is worth going a few minutes away to Shoebury Common Beach. It has a BBQ area, activities including jet sking, kite and wind surfing.

I have always seen beach huts in magazines, photos, postcards and I so loved the look of them.

Imagine my happiness when I saw rows and rows of them at Shoebury Common and at Southend. They all have their own uniqueness, with a special touch from their owners.

Once I left the beach, I drove along the Southend beach/Promenade on the way home. That is another trip for another day, as it was quite late and the british weather stayed true to its nature. It has started pouring down. Typical British Weather.

I really wish I lived near the sea. It brings calmness and peace to my mind and body.

Suitcases and Sandcastles
TravelLatte

12 thoughts on “Shoeburyness, Essex – A Sand & Shingle Beach

1. Deborah Regen May 24, 2018 / 8:19 pm

I do agree that living near the sea (or even an inland lake) brings some peace to the mind. Fresh breezes too. Sorry for the soggy weather at the end. #FarawayFiles

2. Usha May 25, 2018 / 7:49 am

A perfect place to spend time in summer. I love the sea too. The photos of beach huts look so wonderful. #farawayfikes

3. Clare (Suitcases and Sandcastles) May 25, 2018 / 2:54 pm

I wish I lived near the sea too. I always feel happiest beside the water. Those beach huts are fabulous, aren’t they? Everyone in our family feels good after a day at the seaside. Thanks for sharing on #FarawayFiles

4. hilary May 25, 2018 / 7:59 pm

We live near the beach, and it’s a real treat! We love to visit, no matter the weather as we always feel so good afterwards… there is just something about the water, isn’t there? #farwayfiles

5. dorothy May 25, 2018 / 8:26 pm

I like water sports especially paddleboarding, but it looks like it could be tough walking on those shells with barefeet. #TheWeeklyPostcard

6. Anisa May 25, 2018 / 9:23 pm

Looks lovely! I love the beach and beach huts too. I am lucky that I like about an hour away from the Norfolk Coast. I can’t wait to explore it more this summer. Thanks for sharing on #TheWeeklyPostcard

7. Rob+Ann @TravelLatte(.net) May 26, 2018 / 1:35 pm

Oooh, we envy you living just an hour from that cute beach! We totally get the fascination with beach huts – we see them on the eastern seaboard in the US, and it really makes for a charming scene. Thanks for linking up with us for #TheWeeklyPostcard!

8. Tracy May 27, 2018 / 12:37 pm

Wow I love those beach huts too!! They look gorgeous!

9. California Globetrotter May 27, 2018 / 7:46 pm

Those beach huts are so stinkin’ cute! Would love to visit a beach that had them! Thanks for linking up with #TheWeeklyPostcard / #FeetDoTravel!

10. Sharon Odegaard May 28, 2018 / 6:55 pm

Those beach huts always fascinate me! I have never seen one in person. You found a lovely beach — I love those smooth stones.

11. Urska | sliva May 29, 2018 / 9:01 am

Those beach huts look lovely. It’s always nice to spend a day at the beautiful beach.

12. hilary May 30, 2018 / 5:38 am

We love the beach and feel so fortunate to live just a few blocks from ours… Still, we often find ourselves visiting other beaches too! We don’t have those beach huts here, but I would love to see them in person!